The items in this section are unpublished and only available here unless otherwise noted.Basic stance
- Memo on Ecumenism: The Vision of the ELCA (January 13, 1989) – To the ELCA Standing Committee of the Office of Ecumenical Affairs
- “’Full’ Communion?” (1989)
- “Satis Est? What do we do when other churches don’t agree?”– Address to ELCA Conference of Teaching Theologians, ̴ 1990
- Memo on satis est – To the ELCA Standing Committee of the Office of Ecumenical Affairs
- Gerhard Forde responds to Michael Root 1990
- Forde: “What’s at stake in the debate on ecumenical policy?” ̴ 1991
- Lutheran/Roman Catholic Dialogue
○ Gerhard Forde and Carl Peter: Their twenty year dialogue. The best of what real ecumenical dialogue is meant to be.
○ The Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification – 1997 memo to the ELCA Synod Bishops of Regions 1 and 3 from Forde and other Luther Seminary faculty representatives.
- Lutheran/Episcopal Concordat
○“A Response to the Concordat of Agreement”